Tuesday, July 27, 2010

When did summer become so busy?

We are nearing the end of our first summer in Sewanee. Peter has another 8 days left of CPE (Who's counting? ME!!!!) and in his spare time he has been busy organizing the SofT move, a ministry of the seminarians to help incoming students unload their moving trucks when they get to The Mountain. Peter's CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) experience has been at the VA Hospital in Murfreesboro Monday-Friday 7:30-3 pm. I, on the otherhand, have continued working my night shifts in Murfreesboro so Peter and I have been passing one another on I-24 several times per week. I have been picking up a few extra days to make up for the extra cost of Peter's 750 mile weekly commute, and have been taking additional shifts and classes at MTMC in preparation for our move to our new hospital on October 2nd.

You can view pics of our new facility at www.thenewmtmc.org

We have taken a little time for fun this summer with visits from Tory, my mom, aunt Lois, Melanie and Paul; Dottie and Mary Lee, Luke and Wes, Shelley and her gals, Jenny and Sam, and Jimbo and Renee. We've also spent a date night or two in Chattanooga and I have taken up some morning jogs with my friend Jen Hackett and her little boys. All of this activity has really made our summer fly by! We have a trip planned in early August to the beach and we are both counting down the days (just 12) until we can relax and sip those frozen drinks!

1 comment:

  1. When you lazy-bones gonna post an update? There is lodes for you to talk about!!

    ReplyDelete