Sunday, March 7, 2010

It may be the shortest month, but....

February was such a busy month for us! We co-hosted a Super Bowl Party, I saw Mama Mia in Atlanta with mom and Jenny, and mom FINALLY was able to visit the Mountain! The Super Bowl party was an absolute blast! Not only did our New Orleans Saints win (WOOT!), but I got to dig out my Mardi Gras decor: and we were surrounded by tons of great friends. The party was so big that we used both sides of our duplex (The Game was on at Bob and Sydney's and Glee Season one was on at our house), and had folks around the fire pit in the yard.

The following weekend I headed to Atlanta to see a show with mom and Jenny. It started to snow on my way there and the normal 3 hour drive to Jen's took me SIX HOURS!!!! When I got to Jenny's there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground. Mama Mia was so cute! I never saw the whole movie, but I do love musicals and Abba, and seeing a show in the Fabulous Fox Theater was awesome!

After my visit to Jenny's mom followed me, thru the snow, back to the mountain for her first visit to Sewanee. The weather prohibited us from doing any hiking, but she did get to see campus at it's prettiest!

On mom's last day in town we went downtown for shopping and coffee at the Blue Chair. Our view from the coffee shop:
We walked back home and saw some of the most beautiful, snow-covered sites I have ever seen!

As beautiful as campus is under a thick blanket of snow, I am thrilled that the snowy season is coming to an end!!! Yesterday our high temp neared 55 degrees and the sun was shining! It felt like heaven. We are looking forward to our first spring on the mountain and spending more time outside. Peter and I will be heading to P'cola soon to visit our friends and be part of the McGuire's 5K, a race we have been participating in for the past 7 years.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics, Katie. I loooove Sewanee in snow. I'm actually going to miss it (the snow, I mean - I'm staying in Sewanee!)

    ReplyDelete